Saturday 3 January 2015

2-Dimensional Design (Assignment 1)

First Assignment - Self Portrait 


          At first, the first question in my mind was, "Why we doing this assignment again?". It is because we have done a self portrait assignment before when we were in 1st semester of Foundation in design. Due to Ms Maslisa still at oversea, when we received the assignment, all of us stress out. For the reason that we did not understand the introduction and instruction well. After that, Ms Maslisa came back and have 1st class of semester 2 with us. Ms Maslisa gave us a brief to let us understand more, and we get the chance to let her see our sketch. She want us to explore more on different materials on our assignment. As for me, she suggested me to use tea.

          I get inspired by a Japanese Animation Film Director, Hayao Miyazaki. He considered the first animation movie producer. His movie fulfilled my childhood perfectly. "Think like a child" this was one of the lines in his movies. At the same time, it inspired me to draw a child portrait. At first I was thinking just stick tea leaves will do, but Ms Maslisa suggested me paint it with tea. Thus, my very first tea art was done. Thanks to Ms Maslisa for pushing me to explore new Technic.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment